Here's the long awaited menu plan for the Gower's -
Sun 16th - lunch at Cath's place after arriving home from the workshop. Get Your Own that night.
Mon 17th - KFC drumsticks with tomato relish, wedges and salad
Tues 18th - Tuna Pasta Bake with greens
Wed 19th - Meals out of the freezer
Thurs 20th - Fish in foil, rice and steamed veg
Fri 21st - Homemade hamburgers and wedges
Sat 22nd - Veggie soup and toast
Sun 23rd - Get your own but feed me
Mon 24th - KFC drumsticks ( we have lots in the freezer ), mash and steamed veg
Tues 25th - Homemade meat pie with steamed veg
Wed 26th - Meat pie leftovers and anything from the freezer
Thurs 27th - Roast chicken with roast veg and cauliflower and white cheese sauce
Fri 28th - Spag bol with garlic and herb toast
Sat 29th - Chicken curry with rice
Sun 30th - Get your own but feed me.
Mon 31st - Honey soy drumsticks with mash and steamed veg
Tues 1st - Beef stew and mash
Wed 2nd - Wedding Anniversary so maybe out for tea
Thurs 3rd - Fish in foil, wedges and steamed veg
Fri 4th - Rissole casserole with mash
Sat 5th - Chops, mash and steamed veg
Sun 6th - Father's Day. Might cook something special at home
Mon 7th - Saucy chicken drumsticks with rice and steamed veg
Tues 8th - Chop suey and mash
Wed 9th - Roast leg of lamb with roast veg and steamed veg
Thurs 10th - Tuna casserole and greens
Fri 11th - Shepherds pie made with left over lamb
Sat 12th - Homemade meat pie with steamed veg
Sun 13th - Get your own but feed me
Mon 14th - KFC drumsticks with mash and steamed veg
Tues 15th - Homemade lasagne with steamed veg
* I don't cook on Sundays. We are generally busy with church or family get togethers. I cook six nights a week for my family so Sunday night is their turn to serve me. It also gives them a chance to learn new skills in the kitchen.
* The menu plan is not set in stone. If something comes up I just swap it around.
* I always defrost the meat in the fridge as it's the safest way I know. If something comes up and we can't eat it that night, it's safe for another day.
* The veggies we eat are the cheapest in season I can find. We also have lots of blanched veggies in the freezer. Someone commented on an earlier menu saying we eat a lot of potato. As I said, the menu isn't set in stone. Some nights I look at the menu and might change the mash to rice.
* We don't have any special dietary requirement in my family.
* We rarely have dessert as the main meals are enough.
* Left overs are frozen that night and written into the menu plan as a free / freezer meal.
|lasagne and streamed veg|
|chicken curry in the slow cooker|
|Family meat pie|
|Hamburgers and wedges at home|
|fish in foil|