* Saved the Wheat Bix crumbs from the bottom of the bag and poured them into the Dried Seasoned Bread Crumbs container.
* Fed the compost with lots of leafy greens and veggie scraps.
* We went to the Melbourne Show on Tuesday. Darren went for free as his sister's companion ( she has a disability ). Megan and I bought our tickets online and got the early bird discount on a student ticket and a concession ticket.
* Baked Cranberry Hootycreek biscuits to take to the show as snacks. We also took our water bottles.
* Ate freezer meals one night this week and also added to the stockpile with two single serves of sausage casserole.
* Saved lots of water from the shower to pour into the washing machine. Also saved the final rinse water for the next load.
* Cleaned the dishwasher and filters with Miracle Spray, bi carb and vinegar. I try to do this once a month and run it on an empty hot cycle.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Dried all the washing on the line and clothes horses. The weather has been lovely.
* Went to a Cheapskates card making afternoon. I learnt to make a few different cards and flowers. We also had a swap table. I was blessed with some material, plants and craft supplies. I blessed other with glass jars and lemons.
* Washed out some snap lock bags that were given to me.
* Picked broccoli and spinach to go in a few meals.
* Sold two dozen eggs at the card making afternoon.
* Bought four crumpet rings from Savers for $1.80. I think they usually retail for about $4 per ring. As soon as we've finished eating our store bought crumpets, I'll try making my own with a recipe on the Cheapskates website.
* Only spent $4 on groceries this week and that was on milk. With all the fruit and veg bargains I bought 1 1/2 weeks ago, we didn't need anything else.
* Continued de- cluttering and took two bags of goodies to the op shop and received two discount stamps for future purchases.
* Turned the heater off when possible and made sure the curtains were wide open to let the sun stream in.
|Our raspberry plants are growing so quickly.|
|This photo was taken 11 days ago|
|Darren's proud of his flowers grown from cuttings.|
|Little raspberry plants popping up everywhere|
|The girls who won't keep still for a photo|
|Princess - the only place to rest.|
What's on your frugal list for this week ?