As I'm writing this post, Melbourne has dipped into a Winter freeze again. We are finding comfort in hot home cooked comfort food and warm blankets. Here's our frugal list for the week -
* Found a much cheaper supplier of padded envelopes on Ebay. I use these to send my shop orders to customers.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Kept the heater off when possible or lowered the temperature
* Saved the washing machine water for each next load.
* Juiced more lemons from our tree.
* Megan did a big cook up of work lunches. She made 18 plus serves. I'm very proud of her for saving money..
* Went to a garage sale of retired Stampin Up supplies. I was able to purchase 8 ink pads, 5 shape punches and a few stamp sets at a fraction of their retail value. I'd been saving my pocket money for quite a few months in anticipation of this sale.
* Sold a few more cards in my blog shop. Thankyou for the orders. I now have new stock and some crafts for sale with more stock to follow shortly.
* Froze lots of single serves of curried sausage casserole. The joys of grown children not always being home for dinner.
* Froze the last portion of tomato paste into ice cube trays
* Did my monthly shop and stuck to the list. Butter has once AGAIN increased in price so I only bought 2 x 500 gram blocks instead of the usual 5 or 6. I'll be writing a blog post about this topic shortly.
* Darren picked a few silverbeet leaves from our garden to be used in two meals.
* Froze lots of single portions of lamb casserole.
* Bought lots of Avon eyeliners at a bargain price.
* Diluted a bottle of white vinegar 50 / 50 with water.
* Found and bought two 5kg bags of washed potatoes for $2 a bag. I haven't seen potatoes this cheap for many, many months.
|Salmon patties and salad for lunch|
|Apple Sponge Dessert|
|Magnetic Peg Clips for sale in my blog shop.|