Here's our frugal list for the week -
* Made up a bottle of diluted shower gel to be used for refilling foaming hand wash pumps.
* Blanched and froze lots of broccoli.
* Sold two dozen eggs, a jar of jam, a bottle of Miracle Spray and a few Christmas coffee cup cards to a cleaning client.
* Diluted a bottle of Windex. I'd already diluted it by 50% but it needed a little more diluting.
* Darren took a couple of bags to Savers and received a couple of discount stamps on our cards.
* Sold a few new styles of cards and face washers to a friend and blog reader.
* Used the $20 voucher from the Good Guys to buy a stick blender at a bargain price. It comes with a bowl and lid so I can process nuts, veggies and lots of other things.
* Picked silverbeet to add to the spag bol sauce. I used the new stick blender to process it until it was fine. This is a wonderful way to prevent family members from picking it out. I also added linseed meal to the meat. No one noticed they were eating extra fibre.
* Dried some washing on the line, some on clothes horses and only the sheets went in the dryer.
* Froze two serves of spag bol,
* Avoided the shops for the whole week. For some reason we still had enough milk, fruit and veg to keep us going.
* Sold 1 dozen eggs to a friend.
* Darren booked a car space in the city by going online. This is a much cheaper way to park the car and guarantees you get a car space.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags which I promptly de - crumbed and lined the bathroom bins with.
* Fed grass and weeds to the chickens ( as well as their usual feed ).
* Chopped up lots of broccoli stalks and froze them into portions to use in casseroles.
|The heart of my home.|
|Pear blossoms on our tree|
|One of the cards I sold|
|Now selling in my blog shop.|
|Cherry blossoms. The hope of fruit to come.|