Here's my frugal list fro the week -
* Made lots of soap using this recipe.
* Sold one dozen eggs, a lemon slice, mini quiches and sausage rolls for the catering order I spoke about last week.
* Made raspberry and white chocolate muffins using raspberries from our garden last season. Both girls received some for their freezers and for Uni snacks. Darren and I will enjoy the rest.
* Baked cranberry hootycreek biscuits for a Mother's Day afternoon tea using biscuit dough I'd frozen.
* Secured a better discount with our electricity and gas provider. We are now receiving 34% discount on both from Energy Australia. The old discount was 30% on electricity and 18% on gas. We will also be receiving a $50 credit on both bills for signing up to the new deal..
* Saved lots of shower water and poured it into the washing machine.
* Made up two bottles of room spray. One was for our use and the other was for a present. This time I used lemon myrtle essential oil.
* Received a refund letter from Cole regarding the fish that had been frozen.
* Placed blankets around our home to use on the cold nights. No need to turn the heater back on later at night when watching tv.
* Received our water bill and it's decreased by almost $50 from the same time last year. If only I could decrease all the service charges.
* Dug out a saucepan steamer insert and started using it to steam our veggies each night. I've been putting it over the potatoes or rice when it's cooking. Cheaper than using the microwave.
* Closed the curtains earlier each night to help the ducted heating work more efficiently.
* Gratefully received a few home grown tomatoes from a friend.
* Gratefully received lots of glass jars from my parents. They are a great size for jam making.
* Dried most of the washing on clotheshorses with only the sheets and work tea towels going in the dryer.
|Flowers for Mother's Day|
|Latest batch of soap|
|Raspberry and white choc muffins|
|Princess doesn't want me to go away|
|She'll sleep anywhere|
Sounds like a brilliant week and a lovely weekend planned. I used a few precooked meals from the freezer and scored a lovely bargain at Woolies on chicken, boned and stuffed small roasts, plenty for 2 at less than half price. Also made 2 weeks of meals for the dog of chicken (legs, slow cooked),veg and oats- $3 of meat and what was on hand. Enjoying getting out in the garden, even in Qld, the weather is cool. Happy card making. CheersReplyDelete
Hey Wendy! Thanks for all your valuable advice. Has Megan move out of home? If so, how was she able to afford it? Enjoy your trip too! :)ReplyDelete
Wow how quickly the girls have grown up! Only seems like yesterday that they were at high school and now they're no longer at home and have their own freezers!ReplyDelete
For Christmas I give my partner a box of toiletries. I had already bought 6 shower gels 6 deodorants a razor. This week I bought 5 shaving crams half price and I had $4,50 on my chemist card. All up I got $104 of goodies for just under fifty dollars. So 1 present off my list. Cashed in a $20 giftcard and $70 in my paypal account from paid surveys. Dried some pumpkin and capsicum seeds out. Potted up a few more cuttings and got 2 nightys and a lovely black top from a free lost and found pile. Having a free lunch at a very posh hotel on Wednesday. Life is good. LeanneReplyDelete
Thanks for the tip on Energy Australia! I am with them so jumped straight online and also signed up to the same deal. What a great saving!ReplyDelete