Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Used up a sample tube of toothpaste ( from a wedding expo ).
* Lined the bins with bread bags,
* Bought two sports hoodies ( $6.99 each ), two cardigans ( $6.99 each ) and two almost new oven trays ( $1.99 each ) at Savers op shop. I used a 20% discount card to get them even cheaper.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. We were having trouble with the slices sticking together in the freezer ( and sometimes breaking ). To prevent this from happening I put half a loaf at a time in the fridge to be used over 3 days.
* Saved lots of bread crusts to eventually be made into dried seasoned bread crumbs or bread and butter pudding. I'm storing them in the freezer until needed.
* Made a batch of gravy powder mix.
* Baked cranberry hootycreek biscuits for snacks. I used dough from the freezer and only baked what we needed for the week. This eliminates so much wastage.
* Bought good brands of shampoo and conditioner for $2 a large bottle from a clearance store. I've been happy with the products so I've visited the store again to build up a stockpile.
* Bought petrol for $1.32 per litre when most places are charging about $1.50 per litre.
* Received our gas bill for the last two months. Thankfully it's only gone up by 53 cents this year comparing it with the same time last year. We are happy with this considering gas prices are soaring.
* Sold three jars of jam and one dozen eggs.
* Tried to keep most of the lights off after dinner each night. Some nights we only have light from the tv.
* Started using tea leaves instead of using teabags when drinking tea. We keep forgetting we have boxes of tea leaves so it's been good to get the tea pot out.
* Cut up a cereal bag to use as go between for hamburger patties, crumpets and chops.
* Gratefully received a gift voucher for a free muffin and hot drink after experiencing poor service late last year. When I contacted the company's head office to find out if the issues I raised had been resolved, they offered the voucher.
* Gratefully received a voucher for a free cooked chicken from Coles. It's a bit of a long story so I'll write about it on Wednesday.
* Gratefully received a few glass jars to use for jam making.
|A bargain at $2 a bottle|
|From the kitchen - spag bol|
|Cranberry hootycreek biscuits|