* We had a family outing to the football on Monday. To save money we carpooled and pitched in for the parking fees. We also took all our snacks and bottles of water. We did purchase lunch as a rare treat.
* Cleaned the inside of kettle with citric acid.
* Jessica and I found some great bargains in Kmart. Seasonal clothes and dvds were being reduced. We did pick up some dvds for birthday and Christmas presents for well under $10.
* Gratefully received a $5 voucher from Snickers to replace a share bag that had opened chocolates inside. Unfortunately Snickers wasn't on sale in Coles so I picked up a bag of Picnics and Crunchies for the $5
* Sold a few hand towels and soaps to a friend.
* Found a great recipe book for $3.99 and a bag of craft stamps also for $3.99 in Savers op shop. The recipe book looks new and will become a present.
* Put a pump on a newish bottle of detergent and diluted it. The brand in the photo is quite thick so diluting was needed otherwise it just drops into the water and sits there.
* Reused and washed a couple of snap lock bags. I try not to use them too often but sometimes a bag can be a space saver in my handbag.
* Made a big pot of beef, veg and tomato stew in the slow cooker with discounted beef. All leftovers were frozen and the pot yielded 8 serves.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* I cut Megan's hair a couple of weeks ago. Since then she has given herself a long side fringe. Megan doesn't trust hairdressers with her hair. She's only been twice and didn't like the end result. Over the years I've saved hundreds of dollars by cutting both girl's hair.
* I only used the clothes dryer for bed sheets this week. I've been putting a clothes horse over the ducted heating vent in the bathroom and closing the door. Jeans and jumpers are put on coat hangers then hung from the shower rail. With the door closed and the heater on, it's amazing how quickly things dry.
* Saved the shower warm up water for the washing machine. Drink bottle water was saved and put on the mango trees.
* Fed bread crusts to the chickens. Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps.
|Diluted dish washing liquid|
|Proofing the bread dough over the ducted heating.|
|My tin stockpile.|
|Flowers from Jessica's birthday.|