* Gratefully received some bread bags then used them to line our bathroom bins and to wrap food for the freezer,
* Made a batch of Miracle Spray to sell to a cleaning client. Made a batch of double strength to use around my home. I dilute it when filling up the spray bottles.
* Made a double batch of scones. Some were used for morning tea at church and the rest went into the freezer for our use. Very yummy with homemade jam.
* Fed lots of weeds and some kitchen scraps to the chickens. I'm sure it brightened their dreary Winter day.
* Found lots of brand new dvds in their original wrapping at Savers op shop for $2.99 to $4.99 each. They have been put aside for Christmas stocking stuffers and birthday presents next year.
* Dried the washing on clothes horses over the ducted heating vents in the bathrooms. Only the bed sheets went into the dryer for 40 minutes.
* Roasted a chicken for dinner one night then used the carcass to make chicken stock overnight in the slow cooker The next day I made a big pot of chunky chicken and veggie soup for dinner. We had six single serves left over which went into the freezer.
* Gratefully received a bag of lemons. Our lemon tree is not looking well this year. It has lots of gall wasp in it and we'll have to give it a hard prune just before Spring
* Found a small cane basket in Savers for $2.99. This will be painted and used for the flowergirl at Jessica and Eugene's wedding.
* Kept most of the curtains closed during the day to keep the heat in. Melbourne's temperature has dropped to 11 - 14 degrees Celsius over the last couple of weeks and we are starting to really feel the cold. Oh well, it's much better than the scorching heat of Summer.
* Cooked all meals from scratch and was mindful to use up bits and pieces in the fridge.
* Fed the compost bin with veggie peelings and tea leaves.
* Jessica found lots of Winter clothing bargains online at Target. The clothes will be put away for next year when she does her teaching rounds again. Jessica also found a couple of dresses and coats at Savers on Sunday and used her student card to get a 20% discount.
* Hand washed the dishes most nights and only used the dishwasher when really needed.
* Saved the shower warm up water for the garden. Saved the washing machine water for each next load. I know this frugal task appears often in my list but I REALLY do this every week to save lots of water.
|Blessed with lemons|
|Making Miracle Spray|
|Scones for morning teas.|
How did you fill your week ?