Here's what else I've been up to this week -
* Made dried bread crumbs from saved bread crusts. When I need seasoned bread crumbs I'll add the seasonings.
* Cut up a cereal bag to use as go between for crumpets and hamburger patties.
* Fed the compost bin with coffee grounds from a café, kitchen peelings and used tea leaves.
* Juiced lemons and froze the juice for future jams, lemon butter and other meals.
* Cut up a few odd socks to use as garden ties.
* Froze tuna pasta bake leftovers for future meals.
* Gratefully received lots of muffins from Jessica's work.
* Bought an overlocker from Aldi on clearance for $129. It was reduced from $199.
* Made a bread pudding in the slow cooker using saved up bread crusts. Such a frugal recipe and very yummy.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker using a chicken carcass. Today I'll be making up a big pot of chunky chicken and veggie soup.
* Saved washing machine water, shower water and drink bottle water as per usual.
* Stuck to the 2 light rule with some nights only needing one. Also turned off standby lights, closed ducted heating vents in rooms not being used and closed the curtains just before dusk.
* Received our latest electricity bill and it was $111.90 cheaper than the same time last year but does include a $50 credit for switching to a better discount. So you could say we really saved $61.90. The new discount is for part of the bill period so we hope to save more on the next bill.
|A card I sold to a friend.|
|Drying bread crumbs|
|Cutting up odd socks for garden ties|
|Princess the supervisor.|
|Roast veggie pie.|