My workload outside of the home has increased over the last few months. There are days I can't do anything thrifty and other days I can get 5 frugal tasks done in 1 hour. However your week pans out, trying to be thrifty is better than not being thrifty at all.
Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Picked some lemons off our tree. Our tree hasn't been well for a couple of years so any lemons we get is a big blessing. I'll be juicing them shortly.
* Froze leftover roast beef in gravy for another couple of meals. Freezing it in gravy helps to prevent it drying out.
* Bought craft tape on Ebay because it's much cheaper than retail.
* Gratefully received bread bags which we recycle for all sorts of things around the home.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Made pita chips for snacks.
* Ate freezer meals ( leftovers ) two nights this week. I'm desperately trying to make room in my freezer for meat specials.
* Saved water from the shower, washing machine and kitchen sink to reuse around the home for plants, soaking dishes and to wash clothes.
* Added another $10 worth of points to our Flybuys card.
* Fed the compost bin with kitchen scraps. Shortly we'll be able to empty a bin onto the veggie garden.
* Saved the tissue paper from shoes boxes Jessica was throwing out.
* Fed handfuls of weeds to the chickens.
* Bought a jumper from Savers for $6 and good quality jeans for $12. I also found a Royal Albert cup, saucer and plate for $24.99. It retails in Myer for up to $150. I'm being a good girl and putting it away for Darren to give me for my birthday in October.
* Dried most of the clothes over the heating vents. Stuck to the 2 light rule, opened curtains when the Sun was shining and kept the heater off as much as possible.
|My op shop find|
|In the garden|