Here's what I got up to this week -
* Made two jars of lemon butter using the lemons gifted to us.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Returned a bag of soft plastic wrapping to Coles supermarket to be recycled by Redcycle. Not a money saving tip but a planet saving tip.
* Tidied up the pantry and revised my shopping list after checking what I already had. I was able to cross a few things off.
* Juiced more lemons and froze the juice for future use. During jam making season I go through quite a bit of lemon juice.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker overnight. From the stock I made a big pot of chunky chicken and vegetable soup. Lots of singles serves were frozen. I just love this soup and could live off it during the cold weather.
* Fed the compost bin and worm farm everyday with kitchen scraps and teabags / tea leaves.
* Fed young Spring grass to the chickens. I grab a couple of handfuls every few days to vary their diets
* Made yoghurt using this recipe. It's getting harder to find natural yoghurt. The small tub I found cost about $1.80. With very careful measuring I'll be able to get four portions to make four litres of homemade yoghurt. The other three portions of natural yoghurt are in the freezer to use as a starter for future batches.
* Dried most of the washing on clothes horses. A few things were tossed into the dryer.
* Cut open a tube of a facial scrub to scrape out every last drop.
* Froze four single serves of leftovers. Shortly I'll be able to write ' free meal ' into the menu plan.
* Darren made up a jug of powdered milk when we were running a bit low on normal milk. I'm not a fan of powdered milk but it is cheaper than normal milk and is great for cooking and baking.
|Flowers from Jessica|
|Homemade lemon butter|
|Freezing tuna pasta bake for future meals|
|Chop suey - lots of veggies|