* Made pizzas for dinner using up bits and pieces from the fridge and freezer. We used this recipe to make the bases. So yummy and far better than anything we've had in a restaurant or from takeaway.
* Decorated a few department store gift bags so I can reuse them for birthday present giving. I'll put a birthday or other occasion stamp on them when it's time to use the bags.
* I packaged up the last batch or handmade soaps to sell at a craft / garage sale. The ribbons tied around them were saved from gifts over the years.
* Gratefully received extra cleaning work at one of my jobs. The client wanted his business shirts ironed and extra Spring cleaning done.
* Bought a few packets of nappies form Coles at half price. The packaging is changing so they need to clear out the old stock. I'll keep one packet here and the others will be for Megan's baby.
* Found a few more goodies at Savers op shop. Baby coat hanger bundles for $2, pasty cutters for $2, a Bob The Builder doona cover for $10 in it's packet and a waterproof cot sheet for $5 also in it's packet. I also used a 10% stamp on my card.
* Picked a couple of bunches of iceberg roses from the garden. They are so elegant in recycled jam jars.
* Picked silverbeet for two meals.
* Ate from the freezers as much as possible including morning teas of muffins and pumpkin scones.
* Froze a couple of serves of leftovers.
* Took morning tea snacks, water bottles and lunch with me when at my cleaning jobs.
* Purchased a few Christmas and Mother's Day presents when The Body Shop had a 20% off their online store.
* Used up a few samples of body wash and face cleanser.
* Darren did some online research to get a better deal on my car insurance. He saved about $130.
|From the garden|
|Samples to use|