I've managed to keep on top of the washing and housework with Darren's help, put up the Christmas tree and other decorations, weed the garden, complete all my cleaning work, wrap the last of the Christmas presents and do some shopping for Christmas stockings.
Here's my frugal tasks list for the last two weeks -
* Cleaned the dishwasher with bi carb and vinegar. I ran it on the long, hot cycle to clean it and this time I did it on the weekend when the electricity is cheaper.
* Fed the compost bin every couple of days with tea bags, tea leaves and general kitchen scraps..
* Made a batch of pita chips for snacking.
* Dried almost all the washing on the line and clothes horses. We did have one day of humid weather so I dried Darren's work uniform and other dark clothes in the dryer. If it takes too long for dark clothes to dry naturally they start to smell.
* Picked beautiful pink roses from the garden. Their fragrance filled the kitchen.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid.
* Recycled a few hand towels that were looking a bit old. They were placed in the laundry for mopping up messes. Then the laundry towels were put in my cleaning box to take to cleaning jobs. By the time they are too old for cleaning they are ready for the bin.
* Took advantage of the Spotlight sale and bought glitter card stock at 30% off. I even found a cheaper brand that works just as well and worked out to about $1.70 per sheet. This will be used for card making.
* Bought a few baby items at the Savers 50% off sale.
* Took advantage of cheaper electricity on the weekends to charge my lap top, mobile phone and an electric toothbrush.
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid. I dilute it one part Dynamo to 5 parts water.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Booked a parking bay in the city at a cheaper rate online. If you are in Australia, download the Wilson Parking app to get cheaper prices.
* I made fridge magnets from the Coles Little Shop collectables. Some are to sell at a craft stall and the rest are for both the girls and myself to use.
* Made four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Took water bottles and snacks to all my cleaning jobs.
* Saved the washing machine water and shower water to reuse on the garden.
|My latest fridge magnets|
|This year's Christmas tree colors|
|My Nut Cracker collection|
|Decorations from the op shop.|
|Roses from our garden.|
|A rose from my Dad's garden.|
|Princess playing under the apricot tree.|