Here's how my week looked -
* Darren activated a Flybuys offer that gave us an extra 6 cents per litre off petrol. Combined with the 4 cent discount fuel docket and cheaper petrol at the bowser, it's been a welcome relief to my budget and we've all made the most of the offer.
* When doing my monthly grocery shop in Coles on Monday, I found four trays of mince reduced by 15%. I needed mince so grabbed all four trays and divided it up into 250 gram portions for the freezer.
* Donated a couple of bags of unwanted items to Savers and received a couple of discount stamps on my card.
* Saved water in the washing machine, shower and kitchen to reuse where possible.
* Thinned out the lettuce seedlings, I planted them a few weeks ago but didn't know how many seeds fell into the soil. Thankfully most of them took and we'll have lettuce by the abundance in about 4 weeks. Within an hour of thinning the seedlings, the heavens opened up and rain fell for the next few days.
* Bought a few pairs of track pants at Savers to wear to my cleaning jobs. I used a 15% off discount stamp to get them cheaper.
* Gratefully received some mangoes and craft papers from a friend. The mangoes
will be cut up to freeze for smoothies.
* Gratefully received muffins leftover from Jessica's work. We froze some and also blessed others with the yumminess.
* Purchased chia seeds, oat bran, bay leaves, parsley, chives, sunflower seeds and walnuts from Hindustan Imports. Their prices are much cheaper than supermarkets.
* Picked lettuce, our first strawberry of the season and silverbeet from our garden.
* Fed weeds, grass and kitchen scraps to the chickens.
* Gratefully received extra cleaning hours at two cleaning jobs.
|First strawberry of the season|
|Saving water from the washing machine|