All the veggie seedlings are still alive and I'm praying it stays that way. Sometimes too much water can drown baby seedlings. The silverbeet plants from last season keep providing for us. We are blessed.
Here's our frugal tasks for the week -
* I gave Megan a haircut.
* Baked and sold lots of blueberry and white chocolate muffins to a cleaning client. She was thrilled to have so many goodies in her freezer for morning teas and for when the grandchildren come over.
* Gratefully received lots of bread bags. These has been de crumbed, aired out and put away to use as bathroom bin liners. I know lots of people are on a plastic free July challenge but I've just prevented these bags from going straight to landfill after one use.
* Gratefully received a large tub of margarine, gift bags ( to decorate ), biscuits and dairy items from a day of card making with my friends.
* We all topped up our cars with petrol at $1.28 per litre just as it was going up to $1.62 per litre.
* I've picked up another cleaning job ( starting next week ).
* Made a big batch of sausage rolls using sausage mince from the freezer bought at $1.99 kg a while ago. Some sausage rolls were given to Megan, some were eaten for a lunch and the rest went into the freezer. I bulked out the sausage mince with dried bread crumbs and a couple of finely grated carrots ( bought a couple of weeks ago on special )
* Picked silverbeet to use for a couple of dinners.
* Gratefully received a box of donuts leftover from Jessica's job. We were able to bless others with donuts too.
* Received a $20 voucher from The Good Guys store. I used it to get a hairdryer for free. I don't need one right now so it will be a backup for when my current one dies.
* We had two super cheap meals this week- Last Sunday we all had leftover meals from the freezer. On Monday I made a potato bake which ended up as the main meal one night and the main side dish to go with sausages the next night .
* Diluted the dishwashing detergent by 50%.
|One of the cards I made last Saturday|