I did my first $100 a month grocery shopping on Tuesday. Many items were crossed off the list before I made the trip to the shops. Unfortunately butter and cheese took up a huge chunk of the budget. I'll have to be careful about how we use it. I have about $26 left for the next 3 1/2 weeks which includes $5 from selling a bottle of Miracle Spray. Hopefully I can find a few fruit and veg bargains. I did see that a silverbeet plant in the garden is still producing smallish leaves. I'll be adding them to a few meals.
Here's what else we got up to -
* Baked and sold lots of raspberry and white chocolate muffins plus chocolate muffins with extra goodness to a cleaning client.
* Sold a bottle of Miracle Spray to a friend.
* Darren emptied a compost bin onto one of our veggie garden beds. This has topped up the level of the dirt. We haven't bought mushroom compost for the veggie garden in over 5 years.
* Saved more bread crusts and dried them ready to make seasoned bread crumbs when my container gets low.
* Bulk made salmon patties and froze enough for another 5 meals ( made from 2 tins of salmon ). I bulked out the meat with mashed potato, seasoned bread crumbs and finely grated carrots.
* Wrote another cheap menu plan to help feed us for $100 a month.
* Planted lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and silverbeet seedlings.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Cut up a few old socks to use as garden ties.
* Made mini garlic breads and froze them from a leftover bread stick.
* Fed the compost bin every few days with kitchen scraps.
* Jessica did another wardrobe cleanout and gave me a few tops she no longer needed.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water and shower warm up water to reuse in the washing machine.
* Made choc / orange biscuits from dough in the freezer.
|choc orange biscuits|
|salmon patties ready to cook|
|Salmon patties for the freezer|
|mini garlic breads|