We are staying positive and being proactive about cutting the budget back to the bare essentials to limit the damage. I'm hoping to post our current menu plans shortly to give you an idea of what we are eating.
Here's our frugal list for the week
* Used downloaded Flybuys offers to get 10 cents a litre off petrol. We used it a few times to keep our cars topped up just before the price increased by 42 cents per litre.
* Gratefully received lots of lemons and mandarins from a friend. This blessing came at a time when really needed. God is looking after our needs.
* Sold two bottles of Miracle Spray to my cleaning clients.
* Saved washing machine water and shower warm up water to pour into the washing machine. This reduces our washing machine water usage by 50%.
* Created a cheaper menu plan for two weeks to help feed the three of us for $100 a month. In the next day or so I'll be writing another cheap menu plan for the next two weeks.
* Made a pot of soup using chicken stock from the freezer. This fed the three of us for two dinners and one lunch.
* Made lemon butter from frozen lemon juice ( last year's supply ) and our chicken's eggs. I've enjoyed it on my homemade toast for breakfast every morning.
* Jessica made decorated biscuits using leftover frozen dough from her birthday biscuit cake ( back in May ).
* Made cranberry hootycreek biscuits from dough in the freezer. We enjoyed them for morning and afternoon teas.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Made two batches of dried seasoned bread crumbs from saved bread crusts. Salmon patties will be on our menu plan shortly so the bread crumbs will be used then.
* Made a bottle of room spray for our bathroom using essential oil and cooled boiled water.
* Used a gift card to buy much needed socks ( on clearance. Aa surprise at the checkout ).
|Homemade lemon butter|
|Hamburgers and seasoned wedges for dinner.|