Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Made mini garlic breads from gifted day old bread sticks.
* Blanched lots of broccoli then froze it for future meals.
* Gratefully received some daisy plants from my Dad.
* Finely diced, bagged up and froze two bunches of celery. I think I have enough to put in casseroles for the next 12 months.
* We have a charity that moved just down the road from us that opened up an op shop last week. I purchased lots of Sukin face products for $1.50 each. I'll be bundling them up into little packs to give as presents over the next 12 - 18 months.
* Used a $20 Coles voucher earned from surveys to buy 2 tray of mince.
* Made 2 zucchini slices from gifted zucchinis and potatoes. We had some with our dinner that night and froze the rest.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Made lemon butter from our own eggs and lemon juice. I'm almost out of jam and it's at least a few months until I can get my hands on cheap or free fruit to make more. The lemon butter is delicious on the bread I bake and turn into toast for my breakfast each morning.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water as per usual.
* Fed the compost bin every second day with kitchen scraps.
* Found another tv standby light to turn off at the power point. Family members will have to figure out for themselves why the remote won't turn the tv on.
* Picked up a couple of Stephanie Alexander colanders from the new op shop near us. They were priced at $5 each and with their 50% off sale they came down to $2.50. I found them on Amazon selling for just under $30. I'll be making pasta hampers with them to give as presents. I'm planning on including a couple of tins of tomatoes, a packet of pasta and a small bag of spag bol dried herbs.
* Cheap meals we ate this week were - Pita bread pizza and Chop suey
|Broccoli ready to freeze|
|Chopped celery ready for the freezer|