A few years ago I tried freezing chopped celery and it was a great success. Here's how I do it -
* Top and tail all the stalks.
* Wash off any dirt.
* Finely dice each stalk. I use my Nicer Dicer for fast dicing.
* Grab one handful and place in a freezer bag.
* Squeeze out the air and tie a knot in the top of the bag.
* Place in the freezer.
* The celery will defrost limp and soggy.
* Frozen celery can be added to any casserole, soup or stew.
* A large ice cube tray can be used to freeze celery in smaller amounts.
|Using the Nicer Dicer|
|Ready for the freezer|