So my frugal list is a short one today. Here's what I managed to do when time allowed -
* Made plain, dried bread crumbs from saved bread crusts. When my container is running low I'll make them into seasoned bread crumbs for crumbing chicken drumsticks and salmon patties.
* Picked our first lot of lemons for the season. Darren heavily pruned the tree two years ago to get rid of the gall wasp. This is the first time we've picked lemons since then.
* Cut out some dinosaur pictures from a gift bag Megan was given. The bag was a bit battered but I was able to cut out quite a few images. They will be used in card making shortly.
* Megan stocked up her freezer with so many discounted trays of meat from Australian Butchers. I think we were there at the right time for a change.
* I made a trip to Hindustan Imports on the way home from work. I've stocked up on a few nuts and bread making supplies.
* Sold a couple of handmade cards.
* Made shortbread biscuits for having with a cuppa,.
* Cooked all meals from scratch and froze leftovers when I could.
* Megan bought a few baby Christmas presents on sale from the supermarket. With shopping for gifts being quite limited right now, these were a great find.
|Our lemon tree is looking very healthy.|
|Homemade shortbread biscuits|