Here's how I saved money this week -
* Made dried seasoned bread crumbs from saved bread crusts.
* Made a jar of mixed herbs from herbs given to me that I dried myself.
* Saved a few glass pasta sauce jars. These will be used for future pantry storage when needed.
* Took a couple of bags of unwanted items to Savers and received a 20% off discount coupon.
* Sold a greeting card.
* I made shortbread biscuits for the first time. I was surprised at how easy it was. Some were given to Jessica as a treat and the rest were enjoyed by Darren and myself at morning tea times.
* Hung lots of wet washing on the shower door rail to dry. We have a ducted heating vent in both our bathrooms. The vent is in the floor which is great as hot air rises. We just close the door and the washing dries in 24 hours.
* Picked silverbeet from our garden to put into a large lasagne I made. My lasagne serves 12 people so any leftover portions are frozen for future meals.
* Stocked up on Campbell's tinned soup for 97 cents a tin. I occasionally use a tin when making tuna casserole, chicken curry and chicken pasta bake. Otherwise I make soup from scratch.
* Saved a couple of gift bags to reuse in the future.
* My local op shop had a 50% off store wide sale. I purchased bars of soap to make laundry powder and shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste for my stockpile.
|Enough for the next 12 months|