When I look back on my week I can't really think of any terribly exciting frugal tasks I've completed. Everything has already been diluted, portioned, saved or reused. The pantry, fridge and freezers are full to the brim and everything else around our home is as organised as it can be with two babies in the house.
Here is my VERY small frugal list for the week -
* Darren picked lettuce from the garden for a lunch he was preparing.
* Megan and I wrote a menu plan for the next ten days. We'll be eating chop suey, silverside, carbonara, tacos, fried rice, beef curry, tuna casserole, chicken pie and spag bol.
* Froze any leftovers from our dinners.
* We kept the curtains mostly closed or the colder, overcast days.
* Cleaned the dishwasher with bi carb, vinegar and miracle spray.
* I recycled one of Megan's dresses she was going to donate to the op shop. I've cut it up and used it as the topper for some hanging tea towels I'm making.
* I received 10% off a grocery shop I did at Woolworths. I think it's because we have an insurance with them.
* Bought 2 x 5 kg bags of washed potatoes. Lately the price has been around 8 - 9 for a bag of brushed potatoes.
|Lots of goodies in the pantry|
|Pretty tea cups I love to use.|