This week I've been keeping busy on a wide variety of tasks. Life is never dull or mundane when money, time and energy can be saved in so many ways.
Here's what I've been up to -
* Bought 2 metal trays from Savers for $5.19 in total. The plan is to use them on my coffee table and dining table. They were a creamy color that looked yellow in spots so I spray painted them with white Rustoleum paint I already had on hand. For just a few minutes of work they came up looking fabulous.
* Saved a cereal bag and cut it up into squares to use as go between when freezing crumpets and hamburger patties.
* Baked lots of ANZAC biscuits for this week's morning / afternoon tea treats. The dough came from the freezer from when I last made a bulk batch of dough a few months ago.
* Picked some daisy greenery ( leaves ) from the garden to add to my dining table display. There are not many flowers in the garden at the moment due to the cold weather. The greenery is truly appreciated.
* Turned the heater down to 19 degrees Celsius or turned it off all together when the sun was shining. It has been a cold Winter so far so a few hours without the heater on feels like a major achievement.
* I have been watching a YouTube channel called White Cottage Company. Mary likes to make old, op shop, antique and everyday items look like new by painting them ( amongst her many talents ). I was inspired to do a mini makeover of our home which included a frame with wedding pictures and calligraphy in it. The frame was a dark timber which now doesn't go with our home colors and the mat and photos were faded. A quick spray paint of the frame and mat with white Rustoleum and photocopying the photos, it came up looking fabulous and oh so ' on trend '.
* Wrote out a menu plan for the next 5 weeks. I've added soup, eggs on toast and fried rice as cheap meals to keep our costs down.
* Dried most of the washing on the line ( in Winter ). Only a few things were finished off in the dryer.
* I filled the thermos with boiling water in the morning to use for cuppas during the day. This saves me boiling the kettle twice.
* Picked more lemons from our tree and juiced the ones I picked over a week ago. Leaving them for a couple of weeks relaxes the lemons and you get more juice from them.
* Pruned the plum tree in the hope we get more fruit next Summer. I also put snail bait out around the veggie seedlings and fed them all with Seasol.
|New tray for the coffee table|
|New tray and greenery for the dining table|
|Renovated frame and insert|
|More lemons from our tree.|