Each week my goal is to complete 2 frugal tasks each day with a total of 14 by the time Saturday comes around. My week started really well and I was on track for a record amount of frugal tasks. Then I woke up with a really sore throat and the rest of the week was spent resting when I wasn't at work. Oh well, I had good intentions.
Here's what I did complete earlier in the week -
* Picked, blanched and froze three heads of broccoli from our garden.
* We've started using loose leaf tea in our cuppas. Although we still have about 2 years worth of tea bags, loose leaf tea works out cheaper than the teabags.
* Donated a couple of bags of unwanted items to Savers and received 2 x 20% discount vouchers.
* Refilled the dishwashing liquid pump bottle and diluted it by 30%.
* Refilled the foaming hand wash pumps with homemade liquid ( diluted shower gel ). Mostly we are trying to use up our bars of soap stash but the main bathroom ( guest bathroom ) has a pump bottle.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. I've found a way to fit all four bread tins into one oven which is saving 1/2 an hour of electricity. After 12 years of using two ovens, this was a lightbulb moment. I guess we never stop learning new ways to do things.
* Darren desperately needed a new pair of jeans for work and volunteering because he's lost so much weight. Thankfully he was able to get a decent pair from Savers and used a 20% off discount voucher.
* Defrosted and iced a small whole orange cake from the freezer when we had a visitor over one night. Having baking in the freezer is such a time and money saver.
* Saved water where possible, kept light off and turned the heater off when the Sun was shining.
|Sharing a pot of tea.|
|Picking bonus broccoli florets|
|Penstemon flowers in our garden.|
|One of our potato plants growing.|
|We still have some flowers in our Winter garden|