Earlier this year I purchased a timber chest of drawers on Marketplace for $40. When Darren arrived home with the drawers, I was quite surprised to find the drawers have metal runners which is a bonus. There was a lose handle, a little water damage on top and some sticker residue that needed removing. Other than that, the drawers were in pretty good condition. I just didn't like the color.
Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I've spent many hours working on the drawers. I've learnt to use an electric sander, filled in little nicks and scratches and painted 2 undercoats and 3 top coats ( 4 in some places ).
Darren helped me with attaching the new handles. I'd bought these from Bunnings before our previous lockdown.
Just as I was nearing the finish line with the drawers, a certain little grandson thought it would be a good idea to paint his Mum's bedside table with nail polish. Megan can't paint furniture with two little toddlers on the go so she gave the bedside table to me to restore for our use.
Late last week I finished painting both pieces and I must say, I love the new look. We now have beautiful furniture for our spare room.
|Drawers in original condition.|
|Just finished sanding|
|The finished product|
|The new handles|
|The bedside table Megan gave us to restore|
|The paint I used.|