I must admit this week has been a bit of a lazy one. We've been dealing with quite a stressful situation and we are not sleeping well. I keep reminding myself that God is in control and to breathe. I've been in the garden almost every day even if it's to pull a few weeds and to admire the beautiful flowers. Our garden has been a wonderful escape and I praise God that we have the space to create such beauty.
Some days I've watched lots of Youtube with a cup of tea and some baking as a way to relax. So I apologise that my frugal list is a little short this week.
* Darren made pork dumplings from scratch. He likes to make them a couple of times a year as a dinner / lunch treat. Both Jessica and Megan think they are better than anything they have bought at the shops.
* Fed lots and lots of garden snails to the chickens. They get excited when I throw them over the fence and gobble them up as if they were lollies.
* Made pita chips to have as snacks with a little bit of dip.
* Planted corn, beans, cucumber and zucchini seeds in our veggie garden.
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid. The ratio is 1 part liquid to 5 or 6 parts water. I use this on the odd occasion when I do a dark load of washing that is a bit smelly.
* I picked sugar snap peas, one mini cauliflower and silverbeet from our garden.
* Dried all the washing on the line. Darren watches the weather and tells me when it's going to be a sunny day without rain. If needed I'll change my wash day to suit the weather,
* Saved shower warm up water and washing machine rinse water. Reused it in the washing machine.
* Filled up the shower gel pump bottles and diluted it just a little.
* Sold a dish cloth and some greeting cards to a friend.
|I treated myself to a platter for lunch|
|Forget me nots in the garden|
|One of the eight cards I made for an order.|