It's been another busy week at the Gower Abundant Cottage. We've cleaned lots of big homes as well as kept ours neat and tidy. Melbourne has experienced days and days of rain which has been a real blessing for our garden.
Here's what else we've been up to -
* Baked three loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Found some amazing meat specials in Coles on Sunday night. It's not very often I'm in the right place at the right time but the man who reduced the meat had only just finished when we walked through the meat department.
* The two cooked chickens we got on sale were stripped of meat and the bones were put into two slow cookers and made into stock. Then I made up two big pots of chunky chicken and veg soup for the freezer.
* Darren picked flowers from our garden to brighten up our kitchen.
* I did my monthly grocery shop and used the 10% off that Woolworths gives me for having insurance with them.
* Picked silverbeet from our garden as our ' green ' vegetable on our dinner plates.
* Made a country chicken casserole in the slow cooker using a packet mix that was given to us and some of the chicken we got at a reduced price. I was able to get 7 serves instead of 4. I've kept the packet and will try to recreate the seasonings so we can make this casserole again.
* Darren and I have picked up two new cleaning jobs. We are very grateful for the extra work.
* Dried the washing on the line when it wasn't raining. The other times I had washing on clothes horses.
* Repaired a pair of sneakers I wear to my cleaning jobs. The sole was starting to come away so I glued it before it got worse.
* Baked choc chip biscuits with dough from the freezer.
|Choc chip biscuits|
|Repairing my sneakers|
|Luka in Nanny's craft room|