Saturday 6 November 2021

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 6th November 2021

It's been wonderful to get out and about this week.  We've enjoyed doing some shopping for Christmas,  visited Bunnings for a few plants and had a good look around a couple of shopping centres.

Some of my cleaning jobs came back this week with the rest coming back next week.  I'm a little weary and my body has to get accustomed to working hard again.  Still,  I'm grateful I've kept all my cleaning clients and some even need extra hours to make up for the dust and dirt that's built up over the last 12 weeks or so. 

Here's what I managed to get done when I was home this week -

*  Darren picked a bunch of flowers from our garden.

*  I found more seedlings to dig up and replant around our garden.  I also planted some seedlings Darren grew from seed.

*  I menu planned for the next 4 weeks.  Chunky soup and fried rice are the dirt cheap meals I've included.

*  Baked 3 loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.

*  Made a big jar of dried bread crumbs ( unseasoned ) using saved bread crusts.

*  Picked 3 mini cauliflowers  sugar snap peas and silverbeet from our garden.  

*  As soon as we got out of lockdown and isolation Darren and I headed to the shops to get Darren some new clothes.  Over the last 10 months he's lost quite a bit of weight and dropped 2 shirt sizes.   We found some amazing clearance bargains that also had another 25% off.  The RRP was just over $370   but with all the discounts,  loyalty dollars and gift cards he only paid $33.

*  Baked pumpkin scones using cooked pumpkin from the freezer.  We were gifted a couple of pumpkins earlier this year and Darren cooked,  drained and portioned the pumpkin into one cup sized containers and froze.

*  Planted out the tomato plants my Dad grew from seed.

*  Gratefully received all the good rain from heaven for our garden.  We haven't needed to do our own watering that much this week.  

Pumpkin scones

Osteospermum in the garden

Home baked bread.


What's growing in your garden at the moment ?

How have you saved time,  money or energy this week ?


6 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to return to the normal days. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found real bargains while shopping and bought some long term foods at the Reject Shop and Silly Solly's. As usual I watched the fuel cycle and bought when I could save 30 cents a litre. I have saved some pumpkin seeds. Also bought some seeds to start. I forgot that every day I search for decent free books to add to my Kindle.

    Then I bought quilting stuff and took mum out. Although our lockdowns have not been as horrendous as those suffered elsewhere we have stayed very close to home. We drove to the village of Samford and had a pleasant afternoon out.

    I hope you feel less stiff and sore soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin scones look so good! I inventoried one of our freezers today, and that gave me good inspiration for what we have & what I need to use up.

    I also bought a few things we need on discount, planned ahead on a few other purchases, & I've been slowly working on our Christmas list, so we can get the few items we need on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy. What an amazing saving on clothes! And your pumpkin scones look delicious. Around here lately:
    * Filled car at cheapest price and used 4c off per litre discount.
    * Washed over weekend as rain predicted for coming week so could line dry washing in sun.
    * Bought discounted 2L tub of plain yoghurt then made batches of chocolate choc chip cupcakes and pear pancakes with some of yoghurt.
    * Made rice salad with brown rice from freezer plus half mango and remnants of celery and spring onion from crisper.
    * Picked gardenias and other flowers from garden to make bouquet for a friend.
    * Read books from the library.
    * Brought home leftover pizza from a birthday dinner. This made for delicious lunch with salad next day.

    Have a lovely week!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also made a batch of ham and cheese scrolls over weekend. I made dough with self raising flour and some of yoghurt I bought. They turned out great and have been frozen for school lunch. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin scones do look so good as does the fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.