It's been a busy week here at the Gower Abundant Cottage. All my cleaning jobs are back and some have needed extra hours to get the homes back up to scratch. Darren helped me with the cleaning which was greatly appreciated and much needed.
We made 2 trips to Gardenworld on Springvale Road to pick out some new plants for our garden. I cannot express how exciting it was to be out and about, looking at new plants and spending a little money. It was all planned and budgeted for too.
My frugal list is short this week due to the amount of cleaning work we've completed. Here is my oh so small list -
* Cleaned the diushwasher with bi carb and white vinegar.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid. It really does do a fantastic job and is much better than using vinegar.
* Made a big batch of pita chips for snacking.
* Refilled the shampoo pump bottle and diluted it by 25%. Refilled the conditioner pump bottle and diluted it by 1/3.
* Packed our lunch, water bottles and snacks when we took our grandsons down to Phillip Island for the day. Luka enjoyed running on the beach and climbing over the little rock pools with Poppy. Bryson stayed with Nanny ( me ) and cautiously dipped his feet in the water He then had fun filling the bucket with sand and knocking over my attempt at building a sand castle.
* Darren made blueberry, white chocolate, banana and peanut muffins ( his combination ) with Luka. Some were eaten fresh and the rest went into the freezer.
* Saved water around the house as per usual and reused it where possible. Tried to stick to the 2 light rule and sometimes only had one light on.
|Our new hydrangea - Tea Time|
|New plants for the garden|
|Darren's multi combo muffins|