This week's frugal list is not a big one. I've kept myself fairly busy in the garden and had cleaning jobs everyday ( not all day ). I'm also recovering from a chest infection so there have been some days where just the basics are done to keep us clothed and fed.
We are enjoying the cooler weather and getting outside when time allows. Many bushes have been pruned to promote new growth for another year. Weeds and unwanted grass are gradually being removed from garden beds. I try to do this throughout Summer but on a smaller scale.
Here's my list for the week -
* Made a large batch of sausage rolls for the freezer. I was quite shocked at the increased price of sausage meat. Lets just say the sausage rolls are a real treat to have for the occasional lunch.
* Gratefully received tomatoes, passionfruit and a jar of jam from a couple of friends.
* Baked and sold lots of chocolate choc chip muffins and a bottle of Miracle Spray to a cleaning client.
* Planted a Hebe plant and two hydrangea plants we've grown for cuttings.
* Fed the compost bin almost every day with kitchen scraps.
* Baked choc chip biscuits for afternoon tea treats.
* Blanched and froze corn cobs from our garden.
* Made up 5 x 2 litre bottles of laundry liquid. This is the last of the laundry liquid I made up 6 - 8 months ago. I had it in a 25 litre bucket and it was double strength laundry liquid. I try to make the liquid in cooler months and decant to smaller bottles. I've had a couple of friends saving up their vinegar bottles so that next time I can decant the whole lot.
* Picked pears, beans, corn, raspberries and tomatoes from our garden.
* Made a big pot of soup using the gifted tomatoes, zucchinis from our garden, beef mince and lots of other veggies. We had it for two dinners and the rest was frozen.
|In the garden|
|Bryson's birthday card I made|
|Bryson opening his presents|
|Princess taking a nap on our old mattress.|