Wednesday 10 May 2023

Free Laundry Bags

 This saving tip came from my friend Bethany quite a few years ago.  I would have shared it earlier but I didn't have a photo to match.  When we were in Tasmania a couple of months ago my in laws had this bag of rice in their pantry.  So I took the opportunity to take a photo.

Some large bags of rice come in a bag with a zipper at the top.  Once the rice has been consumed,  turn the bag inside out to shake out any remaining grains of rice.  If there is a plastic liner,  remove it.  Give the bag a good rinse out with soapy water and dry thoroughly. 

Now you have a free delicates laundry bag to use in your washing machine.  I don't do any hand washing these days but use laundry bags instead.  This saves on water and certainly saves on time. 



 I'm not sure how much this rice costs so wait until it comes on sale.


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really like the flavor and quality of this rice. The washed bag is good for storage, oddments of linen, grandkids toys etc. We wait for the half price specials also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy mine in 20 lb (about 8 kg) heavy burlap bags...too rough for delicates, I think. But dh keeps jumper cables in the empty bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter used to buy this rice all the time, about $10.00 when on special I think, I collected all the bags to keep odds & ends in, then when I had about 20 put them up on our buy nothing page, they went like hot cakes! One lady wanted them all to make trousers with but I had already given a few away so there wasn't enough left for her trousers! Deb.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.