Wednesday 7 August 2024

Pumpkin Bread ( and it's oh, so yummy )

 Recently I was on the hunt for new pumpkin recipes to make the most of the rogue pumpkin we had growing in our garden.

I already bake pumpkin scones,  make pumpkin soup,  veggie soup and of course roasted pumpkin.  I had in my head that I wanted to make a bread or loaf type cake with pumpkin being the main ingredient.  

So after doing a Google search I came up with this recipe and the reviews were fantastic.  Of course I've tweaked the recipe like I usually do to suit our tastes.  I've tried to estimate how much cinnamon,  nutmeg,  ginger and allspice I used but in reality I gave each bottle a really good shake.  I wanted lots of flavour.

1 cup of cooked,  drained Pumpkin.  I used Jap / Kent

100g of salted Butter

1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar

2 Eggs at room temperature

2 cups of Self Raising Flour

1/2 teaspoon of Bi Carb of Soda

2 teaspoons of Cinnamon

2 teaspoons of Nutmeg

1 teaspoon of dried Ginger

1 1/2 teaspoons of Allspice


Grease and flour an oblong loaf pan.  Line the base with baking paper

Also have a 6 hole muffin tin ready,  lined with patty cases.

Cream the butter,  sugar and eggs together until smooth.

In a separate bowl mix the flour,  bi carb,  cinnamon,  nutmeg,  ginger and allspice until well combined.

Add the flour / spice mix to the wet ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon.  The mixture will be quite thick.

Spoon the batter into the lined loaf tin until it's 2 / 3 full.

Spoon the remaining batter into the muffin tin.

Bake the loaf at 160 degrees Celsius ( 320 Fahrenheit ) for 50 - 55 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.

Bake the muffins at 160 degrees Celsius for approx 25 minutes.

Turn onto a cake rack to cool.

NOTES - 

*  The loaf can be sliced and toasted in an air fryer for 5 minutes until golden.  Serve with butter.

*  I like the muffins heated in the microwave,  cut in half and served with butter.

*  The loaf and muffins can be frozen

*  I think the brown sugar content can be reduced to 1 1/3  cups.  I'll let you know the next time I make it.

*  I used homemade brown sugar in this recipe.

Pumpkin Loaf


Pumpkin Muffins

Yummy and tasty


Have you made a pumpkin loaf or bread before ?

If you use this recipe,  please let me know what you think.


4 comments:

  1. Going to give this a try for this weeks morning teas
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t heard someone use the word oblong since primary school!! It made me smile…then I had to explain to my 17 year old what it meant! Ha!

    I love pumpkin bread/loaf, it looks delicious. I’ve never made them as muffins, I must try it one day. From Cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make homemade brown sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's white sugar and molasses. The recipe is in the recipe section under mixes.

      Delete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.