Here's my frugal tasks for the week -
* Planted more corn, lettuce and bush bean seeds. I used seeds that I bought last year so no cost to us this year.
* Dried all washing on clotheshorses under the pergola.
* Went to a food /garden swap at a friend's place. This was so exciting. Everyone brings excess garden produce / plants or seeds to share with others. A garden tour takes place with lots of information shared. Afternoon tea is provided by all attending. We bought a big bag of lemons from our tree to share. We came home with 20 strawberry plants, a Jostaberry plant, bumble bee tomato plant, pesto, 2 jars of tomato chutney, some flowers and seeds. I'm hoping to organise a garden swap in my street soon.
* Fed our compost with food scraps and a few pages from our local newspaper..
* Used the clean water from our showers to water the fruit trees.
* Used the watering can to water the vegetable seedlings, fruit trees and other plants. It might take a little longer this way but so much water is saved by using a watering can.
* Sold two dozen eggs to a cleaning client.
* Made some spag bol sauce and soups to sell to a cleaning client to help her extended family in need. This extra money was added to my food slush fund to buy groceries when I see them on special.
* Froze two leftovers from a mince pasta bake I made.
* Accepted a few jam jars from a friend at church.
* Bought 10 boxes of Lipton teabags on sale at half price for $2.34 in Woolworths. I still have 12 boxes of Tetley for soy teabags that I bought from NQR for 69 cents a couple of years ago. It lasts a few years past the best before date and as we don't drink coffee, they will all be used in good time
* Saved a cereal box liner and cut it up to go between foods that I freeze. I used the cereal box to add two more page dividers to my price book.
* Used the two light rule as much as possible.
* Picked silverbeet from our garden to bulk out a mince pasta bake. No one noticed it was in there.
* Fed all our fruit trees and veg seedlings with a seaweed solution that was given to us.
* Poured some saved water into the washing machine.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Baked lots of luchbox muffins. I will be selling most of them to a cleaning client.
|Flowers Darren grew from seed|
|Peaches forming on our little fruit tree.|
|Flowers from the garden swap|
|Flowers on our strawberry plants|
|Strawberry plants from the garden swap growing in guttering|
|Part of our back garden|
|Our raspberries are looking healthy|
|Daisies we grew from cuttings|
|Our feijoa tree has lots of new growth. Can't wait for the fruit.|
Have you been out in your garden this week ?
What did you do this week that was frugal ?