* Made 10 cards with supplies on hand to raise funds at our church for our hamper giveaway.
* Megan went to a birthday dinner. She was able to give some earrings she bought a while ago and didn't use. She also used a homemade card from my stash.
* Used the watering can all week to water all the fruit trees and veggie plants. I used the shower warm up water to do this.
* The family ate bits and pieces out of the fridge for dinner on Sunday night
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness and two of white bread.
* Made fruit icecream using bananas and cream given to us and a few raspberries I froze from last season.
* Made a 1 kilo batch of Brown Sugar.
* Dried all the washing on the line.
* Darren fed our fruit trees with worm tea from our worm farm.
* Froze two singles serves of left over beef stew and one of Tuna Casserole.
* Stocked up on Lynx shower gel, Lynx deod and Nature's Fruits body wash. All were bought at half price and most will be put away for presents.
* Darren is now the proud owner of a two year old Nissan Dualis after saying good bye to his 14 year old Nissan Pulsar ( the work horse ). Some might wonder how this could fit into the frugal tasks post. We saved hard for four years and paid cash ( bank cheque ). No car loans for us. Now we've started saving for when my 2008 Camry needs replacing. With our car history, that won't be for quite a while.
* Made Chunky Roast Beef and Vegetable soup using left over meat.
* Darren picked a beautiful pink rose from the garden to put on my bedside table. It smells so lovely.
|Darren and his new car|
|Banana and raspberry icecream|
What does your frugal task list look like this week ?