Here's what I managed to do this week -
* Picked, cut and froze lots of beans from the garden.
* Picked lots of tomatoes, lettuce, raspberries and one strawberry.
* Made 7 jars of raspberry jam using our raspberries, our lemon juice and sugar given to us. I used this recipe ( using raspberries and without the apples ) to make the jam.
* Made lots of pita chips for snacks.
* Saved the washing machine and clean shower water.
* Made 7 jars of peach jam. The peaches were $1.99 kg and the lemon juice and sugar were free.
* Made four loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Stayed away from the shops except to buy milk, fruit and veg. I'm participating in the Cheapskate's February No Spend Month.
* Cut up lots of used printer paper to recycle into note paper.
* Made potato cakes for lunch when Cath came over. The potato was leftover for dinner the night before.
* Threw the kitchen scraps into the compost bin.
* Refilled the shampoo and conditioner bottles in the girl's bathroom. I also diluted it a little. I can't dilute it 50 / 50 any more as they complain it's too runny and they use more. If I dilute it a little I'm hoping they won't notice.
* Bought Tresemme shampoo and conditioner on a half price sale using money from the slush fund.
* Refilled the hand wash pumps with diluted shower gel. Here's how I do this
* Used electric fans when possible to cool the house instead of the evap cooling.
* Picked a few beautiful pink roses from the garden. They smell divine
|From the garden|
|Pretties for my kitchen|
|Peach jam to eat and give as presents.|
|The egg on the right is a normal sized one.|
|Producing my own food|