During the week I worked, Megan got her second part time job, got the car serviced, did a food shop as well as the usual cleaning chores around the house. Here's what else I got up to -
* Made lots of creamed rice to avoid throwing out lots of milk. The use by was about to expire so I had to think of something easy and yummy that uses lots of milk. This is one of Jessica's favourite desserts so she was in heaven.
* Made 11 jars of tomato relish. I used tomatoes from my garden and made the brown sugar using sugar that was given to us.
* Stuck to our $2 per person budget for Valentine's Day. Darren and I spent this amount on each other to buy a little treat. Darren bought four cherries and coated them in chocolate. He found a card in my card box to give me. I bought $2 worth of cashews and bagged them up with a red ribbon to give to Darren.
* Made brown sugar.
* Picked raspberries, beans, tomatoes and a few strawberries.
* Bought crumpets as a treat. They were reduced to $1.12 a packet.
* Bought home the toiletries from the accommodation in Adelaide last weekend.
* Darren cooked up some cherry tomatoes given to us. They have been frozen into meal size.
* Bought 3 large Moccona jars from the op shop. They were $3.99 for the three less 20% discount. I'll be using them as presents filled with biscuits ( cookies ). I also purchased three light green vintage plates for $4.99 together less 20% discount. I found some lovely pink, white and green striped cotton material for $9.99 less 20%.. These will be made into tea towels for my new kitchen, some to give as presents and some to sell.
* Bought some knitting cotton from Spotlight on clearance for $2 a ball I'll be knitting dishcloths for my kitchen, some to give as presents and some to sell.
* Made muesli bar slice for snacks.
* Gratefully accepted a lovely present from Annabel. After the Adelaide workshop she presented me with a pretty box filled with knitting / crochet cotton and crochet hooks to get me started on crocheting. Thankyou so much Annabel. Such a lovely present. You'll be pleased to know later that night Cath got me started on crocheting. I'm still in the very basic stage but I'm hoping to get better.
* Kept the cooling off all week. We did use the fan on the cooling a couple of times but this costs so little to run.
* Cooked from scratch all week and ate out of the pantry, fridge and freezer.
* Saved the shower warm up water to use on all our potted plants and fruit trees / bushes.
* Sold one dozen eggs, one jar of jam and one jar of relish to a cleaning client.
|My $3 clearance plants are now flowering.|
|Darren's Valentine's Day present.|
|Making tomato relish|
|Cheap Moccona jars.|
|Knitting cotton on clearance|
|From the garden.|