* Gratefully received a few capsicums from my friend Maureen and two large tubs of margarine from Joy ( of Miracle Spray fame ).
* Gratefully received some pears from a friend at church. .
* Dried the most of the washing on the line. We did have a few days of humid weather when the washing wouldn't dry. I had to dry 2 1/2 loads of washing in the drier because they were starting to smell.
* Picked lots of raspberries and a few strawberries.
* Made a batch of scones. Some went to church for morning tea and the rest went into the freezer for treats at home.
* Darren picked lots of tomatoes from our dying bushes. He put them under the pergola to ripen for a couple of days. I've cooked them up over a four days and portioned them into tins sizes ( 410 grams ) and frozen into takeaway containers. When they are frozen I popped them out of the container and double wrapped them. This saves some room in the freezer. I've cooked a grand total of 19 tin's worth so I'll be crossing tinned tomatoes off the shopping list for a few months.
* Megan and I gave each other haircuts saving about $30.
* Saved the shower warm up water and washing machine water.
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid.
* Reused freezer bags for wrapping the frozen tomatoes.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Cooked all meals from scratch.
* Fed the compost bins with kitchen scraps. Fed the chooks a few weeds, some grass and kitchen scraps.
* Finally received a cheque of reimbursement for the food we lost in our freezer melt down. I'm now waiting for a great meat sale so I can start restocking.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Stayed home as much as possible to save on petrol. It's just too dear at the moment and taking a long time to drop in price. When I do go out I've been combining errands.
|My Nicer Dicer got a work out this week.|
|Lots of tomatoes ripening.|
|Megan cooked dinner one night.|
|Chicken tortillas for dinner|
|From the garden|
|Church morning tea|
On Wednesday I did a grocery top up. To view the dockets and food please click on this link.