* Need a new vase ? Pasta sauce jars, tin cans and small glass juice bottles all work so well as vases. You could jazz them up with a ribbon, piece of hessian or a strip of old curtaining. Just tie in a bow or attach with a hot glue gun.
* Cushion covers can be made from pillow cases. We all have odd pillow cases in the linen cupboard. Grab them out, slip over your existing cushions and make adjustments as needed. You might need to turn it inside out and tack a new seam . An odd button sewn on could fasten the leftover material in place.
* Tired on the pictures on the wall ? Have a look through the photos you have stored on your phone or computer. Enlarge and print one off. If it's larger than A4, your local stationary shop might be able to help with large photocopies.
* Local op shops can provide a wonderful supply of picture frames both big or small. If you don't like the color of the frame, give it a light sand then a couple of coats of paint.
* Painting the walls can be an inexpensive way to freshen up a home and add real value. Painting a whole house could run into big dollars. There are a few options here. Check your local hardware store for tins of mistinted paint at discount prices. Another option is to paint one room at a time as your budget allows.
|Pasta sauce and tomato paste jars as vases|
|Bottling jar recycled into a tall vase|
|My baking photographed and framed.|