Here's my slightly smaller frugal list for the week -
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker. Jessica bought a cooked chicken to make sandwiches for herself. She gave me the carcass so I made the most of it. From that I made a pot of chunky chicken and veggie soup. Some was for a lunch and the rest went into the freezer in single serves.
* Made four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Made lots of cards using stock I had on hand.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water for each next load.
* Made 32 muffins using frozen berries Jessica had bought and abandoned in the freezer. I added raspberries from our garden last Summer. I used this recipe.
* Made another pot of chicken stock in the slow cooker. This went straight into the freezer for future soup making.
* Cleaned the dishwasher and filters with bi carb, vinegar and Miracle Spray.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid. While I was at it I put bi carb, vinegar and water from the kettle down the sink to clean the pipes.
* Darren and I had freezer meals ( leftovers ) for dinner one night.
* Hand washed the dinner dishes instead of putting the dishwasher on. Some nights it's just Darren and I home so there's not enough dishes to use the dishwasher. I don't lie dirty dishes sitting in the dishwasher until there's enough to put a load on.
* Found an old room spray in our bathroom cupboard. The fragrance had changed slightly so on the advice of the shop owner from where we bought it, we diluted it with cooled boiled water. Now it smells fine and we are using it up.
* Darren took a carload of unwanted items from my garden shed. He received two discount stamps for the donation.
|The little green teapot at the bottom is my latest addition..|
|Chunky chicken and veg soup.|
|Chicken stock in the slow cooker|
|Fruit and choc muffins|
|My latest cards|