Here's our frugal list for the week -
* Received our Flybuys vouchers in the mail. We hadn't received any for quite a few months and Darren was worried Flybuys had forgotten him ( or we don't spend enough money ). Darren has already sorted through them and worked out which ones we can use and in what order.
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid. I'm trialing 1 capful of liquid to 500mls of water.
* Saved a gift bag to use for men's greeting cards. Saved a piece of tissue paper to reuse at a later date for a present.
* Found a bargain in Aldi. They were clearing out hand pumps of antibacterial hand wash for 49 cents each. I bought 4 and will put them with presents.
* Made lots of pita chips for snacks.
* Bought a long sleeve top in Savers for $5.20
* Gratefully received a tax refund.
* Jessica bought lots of nail polishes for her pamper part business. In the boxes was gold colored cardboard. She saved it all for me to make or decorate cards.
* Kept the heating temp a little lower to help offset the dryer usage costs.
* Wrote a menu plan for the next four weeks.
* Froze four single serves of leftovers. I getting quite a stockpile so I've written freezer meals into the new menu plan to make room in my freezer.
* Made lots of mini quiches using ingredients I had on hand and silverbeet from the garden.. Some will be taken to a function Darren and I are going to on Sunday. The rest went into the freezer for snacks.
* Cooked all meals from scratch.
* Did the monthly grocery shopping on Tuesday. I recently increased our grocery budget from $200 to $250 a month. So far I've only spent just over $100 and put $40 into the meat fund ( waiting on specials )
* Added a few more greeting cards to my blog shop. I now have pretty dress cards for sale.
|Homemade mini quiches|
|Silverside and roast veg for the freezer stockpile.|