Here's our frugal list for the week -
* Gratefully received a bag of lemons from a cleaning client. I'll been juicing them over the next few days.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness.
* Bought a few lamb specials at Tasman Butchers. Lamb shanks were $5.99 for a pack of two. I bought 6 packs and will ration them out as a treat. I also bought two trays of lamb off cuts. They were $5 a kilo with almost 2 kilos per tray. I've cut the excess fat off and frozen the meat for future stews and chunky soups.
* Turned the heater down to 19 degrees a few times especially when I was doing lots of housework.
* Saved the washing machine rinse water as usual
* Cleaning the washing machine with Epsom salts as explained here. Hopefully this will keep my 4 year old washing machine in tip top condition.
* Darren received three avocados from a friend. Such a blessing he is very grateful for
* Bought petrol at $1.10 per litre. This is a very cheap price for Melbourne at the moment.
* Made a litre of yoghurt from scratch.
* Darren bought $2 t shirts reduced in Kmart.
* Gratefully received some craft stamps and envelopes from a friend.
* Sold a jar of jam. .
* Gratefully received some young girls magazines in the mail from a blog / Facebook reader. Jessica will be able to use them in her pamper party business. Thankyou so much Janine xoxo
* Cooked all meals from scratch and stuck to the menu plan.
* Used a 20% off discount to buy new ink pads, stamps and papers to make more cards. Stay tuned. I'll b adding more stock to my blog shop shortly.
* Used blankets, closed the curtains early and turned a few light off when I could to reduce our power usage.
* Dried most of the washing on clothes horses and coat hanger in the showers.
|It's lemon season|
|Lamb shank dinner|
|For the family.|
|My meat bargains|
|More lamb bargains|
|From a Bella Pamper Party last Saturday|
|Princess getting a blow dry on the heating duct|
|It's a cat's life.|