Here's my frugal list for the week -
* Gratefully received a large tub of margarine from a friend.
* Stocked up ( again ) on bargain priced shampoo and conditioner. They were all $2 each and some were large pump bottles. I think I have enough for the next 5 - 7 years.
* Fed kitchen scraps to the worms.
* Picked another handful of feijoas from the ground under the tree. Feijoas are generally ready to eat once they are on the ground.
* Stocked up on 160g tubes of toothpaste for $2 each. They are available at NQR.
* Collected my prize of a jar of burger sauce from House Of Burgers in Berwick. Now to make homemade burgers to try it. I'm sure it will be yummy like the food we've tasted there.
* Received the refund from Coles for the refrozen fish. I used that money to buy a cooked chicken which goes a lot further in this house.
* Made chicken stock in the slow cooker from the above chicken. This was then turned into chunky chicken soup which gave us 10 serves. The rest of the meat went into the freezer.
* Found a new squeezy frosty mug in Savers op shop for $2.99. It's still in an unopened box so I've put it away for a present some time in the future.
* Saved lots of water in the shower, washing machine and kitchen sink. We then reused it to water plants, soak saucepans and pour into the washing machine ( not in that particular order ).
* Took a homemade meal, muffins and a packet of biscuits to my weekend away at Phillip Island. The other ladies who came shared in providing the meals and snacks.
* Used lots of bread bags to line our bathroom bins.
* Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid.
|Around the home|
|Tidying up my tins in the pantry|
|In the garden|
|Autumn in the garden.|