* Sewed up some baby drool towels to sell.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid. Cleaned the dishwasher with bi carb and vinegar. Cleaned the lint filter and everywhere else in the washing machine.
* Took up the legs on a new pair of jeans for Darren. We made the most of the mid year sales at DFO and he bought a pair of jeans at 60% off.
* Redeemed a voucher for a free hot drink at Muffin Break.
* Froze two chop suey leftovers.
* Gratefully received some muffins left over from Jessica's work.
* Sewed a couple of buttons back on a cardigan.
* Continued to use up more loose leaf tea that was given to us. It's so easy to keep using the teabags and forget about the tea leaves piling up in the pantry. To make sure we are using them up, I've let the teabag cannister go empty. There's nothing like a pot of tea and some home baking.
* Baked four loaves of whole meal bread with extra goodness. Reused bread bags and the plastic clips that come with bought bread.
* Reused bread bags over and over again. Putting the storage containers under the sink encourages us to put them back there after each use to use all over again.
* Found a set of six Maxwell and Williams coffee mugs at Savers for $5.99 the lot. Thy are brand new and usually retail for about $6 each. It's great to have a set of pretty matching mugs.
* Filled up both cars with petrol at $1.37 per litre. I'm pretty sure the price is about to go up ( again. )
* Purchased a few more birthday gifts for next year at 60 % off. Mid year sales might look great but you really need to know your prices.
* Dried most of the washing over ducted heating vents. Saved shower water and drink bottle water for plants and the washing machine.
* Gratefully received a few glass jars and poppy seedlings from my parents.
* Kept the curtains mostly closed on the cold, overcast days to keep the heat inside. I was also aware to only use the heater when really necessary and closed off unused rooms..
* We received our first gas bill since securing a new discount from our provider. Including the $50 credit they promised us for switching plans, we saved $72.90 compared to the same time last year ( or $22.90 without the $50 credit ). The new discount only applied to half the time period of the bill. We should see a bigger saving on the next bill.
* Sold a couple of cards and a soap to a friend.
|Even Princess was feeling the cold.|
|Taking up Darren's jeans|
|Sunday afternoon tea in style.|
|This week's op shop find.|
|One of the cards I sold.|