I've personally had more time at home due to the loss of some of my cleaning jobs and Darren had no work for eight weeks. Each day at breakfast we made a plan of what we were going to do that day. We knew we had to make the most of this unusual situation and use our time wisely.
Here are some ideas to keep you busy, organised and motivated -
* Clean out your pantry and make an inventory. Are there items that need using up ? Do you have too much or too little of an item ? Once you've done an inventory, write out a shopping list for the next few weeks or months. Being prepared and shopping ahead of time gives you peace of mind knowing you can feed your family no matter what.
* Take up a craft or hobby YouTube is a wonderful and easy way to learn something new. Do you have a craft or hobby already on the go that you could finish ? If you have free time on your hands, now could be the time to complete something.
* Declutter a cupboard or wardrobe. How many times have you wished you were more organised or had more space ? Op shops are starting to open up again and would love your unwanted items.
* Write out your Christmas present list. No matter what's happening in the world, Christmas is still on the 25th of December and presents will need to be bought or made.
* Search for new recipes and expand your repertoire in the kitchen. Megan has cooked a few new dishes for us. Tuna mornay, curry beef casserole and chicken pie are now regulars on our menu plan. I've just made shortbread biscuits for the first time.
* Start a veggie garden or expand on what you already grow. Veggies can be grown in pots, polystyrene foam boxes, old shoes, icecream containers, old guttering, timber pallets or in your garden beds.
* Watch a tv series you haven't seen in a long time. With free to air channels expanding their catalogue, you are sure to find something you like. I've been watching A Country Practice, Homestead Rescue, Hoarders, Packed To The Rafters ( I've just finished ) and Tiny Homes.
* Get your filing in order. Record all your bills onto a spreadsheet to keep track of how much it costs to run a home. Make copies of important receipts before they fade. Gather your receipts for tax time.
* Start your Spring cleaning a little early. How often do you wish there was more time to get your home really clean before the hot weather arrives ?
* Clean out and organise your garage, carport or shed. Are you storing too much stuff that isn't used.
* List and sell your unwanted items on Buy , Swap, Sell , Marketplace, Gumtree or Ebay type of sites.
|Out in the garden|