Our week has certainly been a busy one. My cleaning work is starting to come back after 4 months of being at home. I've had to remind myself that my body has to get used to the hard work again. I'm learning to rest when I get home before I tackle my own housework.
With the restrictions easing Darren has had extra hours at the cafe which has been a real blessing for us. We've pottered in the garden, done some Christmas shopping and spent time with both our daughters.
Here's what else we've been up to -
* Cut the last of the broccoli from our veggie garden. We now have enough in our freezer to see us well into the New Year.
* Made and sold a fair few Christmas face masks. Many of them are being sent up into NSW where they still have Corona virus hotspots. If you are interested in buying a mask, I have photos of the designs available on my Facebook page.
* Megan found a ride on toy at the end of our street in a hard waste pile on the nature strip. She's left the toy at our place for our grandbabies to play on.
* Baked lots of shortbread biscuits from scratch. I must say, they have become my new favourite biscuit to have with a cup of tea.
* Saved lots of shower warm up water, drink bottle water and washing machine rinse water to reuse around our home and garden.
* Darren planted lots of flower seeds in egg cartons. He then placed them in plastic containers to make mini hot houses.
* Made and sold lots of hanging hand towels. I didn't even get a chance to advertise them on Facebook. I've run out of suitable buttons to finish of the others I've made. I've ordered more buttons off Ebay ( cheaper than material shops ). As soon as they arrive I'll be putting photos of the finished towels on Facebook to sell.
* Used electric fans on the warm days we've had recently. Our evap cooling was unsafe to turn on and we were waiting for it to be replaced ( which it was on Thursday ).
* Unclogged a bathroom plug hole by using bi carb, vinegar and boiling water.
* Gratefully received a pre loved iphone from a friend who had a spare one and wanted to bless me. For those of you who didn't know, I've been using very basic cheap mobile phones for many, many years mostly because I couldn't justify the high price tag of iphones. Darren is in the process of setting up the phone for me to use. Now comes the scary part - I'm not good with technology so this is going to be a big learning curve for me to overcome.
* Refilled all the foaming hand wash pumps around our home with diluted shower gel.
* Picked a bunch of iceberg roses from our garden. I used a pasta sauce jar as a vase for them.
|In the garden|
|Cherries are ripening|
|Beans, potatoes and tomatoes are growing|