This week has been a busy one at the Gower Abundant Cottage. My cleaning work continues to increase and I'm very grateful for the lovely clients I have. The rest of my days are filled with sewing to complete a few orders, gardening ( pulling weeds ), housework tasks and spending lots of time playing with our grandbabies. Luka is a bundle of energy and loves to get into everything. Bryson sits there smiling at his older brother's antics and generally loves to play with anything Luka gives him.
Here's what else I've been up to -
* Made a double batch of laundry powder from scratch. During Winter I blitzed up all the little bars of soap from hotels I'd collected over the years ( and from family ). I now have 2 small buckets of the soap as powder ready to make laundry powder when I'm running low.
* Picked another handful of beans from our garden.
* Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. The last time I costed out the ingredients it came to about $1.60 for 2 large loaves. Bread with all these goodies bought from the supermarket would cost over $3 each.
* Knitted another dish cloth and started on the next one. I'm making them in Christmas red to go with the hanging towel and tea towels I have in my kitchen at the moment.
* Altered a dress whose arm holes were too big. I also altered a top for Megan.
* Sold a few jars of jam to a friend. She's put in an order for another 3 jars of raspberry jam. My favourite and hers.
* Sold more Christmas and plain colored face masks to a friend.
* Sold one dozen eggs.
* Sewed lots of hanging hand towels to get a head start on next Christmas. Some of these have already sold. I'm very grateful and blessed to have many return customers.
* Saved the shower warm up water and poured it into the washing machine.
* Fed the compost bin every couple of days with kitchen scraps.
* Dried all washing on the line.
* Baked some ANZAC biscuits using dough from the freezer
|Freshly baked bread|