I have to be honest and say that this week has not been an especially frugal one. We had our evap cooling unit replaced, bought a spot cleaner machine to do the car seats and other surfaces and went out to lunch yesterday. We already had money put aside for the evap cooling and it was a necessity. The spot cleaner was something we had been thinking about for a while. My car is 12 years old and very much in need of a deep clean on the pale grey seats. So it will save us money in the long run.
I have stayed home as much as possible. The shops are not that appealing to me. Maybe that's due to our 14 week lockdown and other restrictions during the year.
Hayfever season is in full swing in Victoria and I've suffered dreadfully this week. My face masks have come in handy when hanging the washing on the line, dusting at clients homes and going out to the bin and letterbox.
Here are the other frugal things I've done.
* Found a seller on Ebay who has buttons at a much cheaper price than Spotlight. I use the buttons on the hanging tea towels / hand towels I make and was shocked at how dear they are in retail shops. The seller I found on Ebay is an Australian seller and she sends them very quickly.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid.
* Picked green beans for the first time this season. I also picked a handful of strawberries.
* Filled up my car with petrol at $1.09 a litre.
* Sold a few hanging towels. If you are interested in buying some, they are $6 each and on my Facebook pages.
* Sold a couple of Christmas face masks. I still have 9 left for sale and I have photos of the designs available on my Facebook pages.
* Found a cotton doona cover at Savers for about $6.50 that I will use to make tea towels for presents.
* Gratefully received lots of used greeting cards from a friend. I've cut off the fronts I can use and will repurpose them into gift tags or newly designed greeting cards.
* Made up a bottle of multi purpose surface spray using cooled boiled water and dish washing liquid,
|From the garden|
|Bryson is now sitting up|
|Under the Christmas tree|
|At St Kilda beach|
|Luka having fun with the camera|