Week 1 for our Frugal February / Spending Freeze Challenge has been fairly easy for Darren and I. For the first few days I didn't go anywhere except to cleaning jobs. Darren did go out to lunch with his sister but he paid for it out of his pocket money.
I have 3 exceptions ( other than bills ) for the challenge -
* If I see grocery items that are bargain / clearance prices then I will be stocking up. Otherwise I will be limiting grocery spending to essential items.
* I'm looking for knitting / crochet cotton in op shops to make more dishcloths. This is something I'm always on the lookout for and it's much cheaper than buying retail.
* Buying presents or items to make presents that are bargain prices and cannot be made by myself. These are paid for from the gift fund which is fully saved for for the next 12 months I've been waiting for beach towels to go on clearance so I can make hooded towels for Luka and Bryson.
Here's a breakdown of how our week panned out with spending -
Feb 1 - No spending
Feb 2 - No Spending
Feb 3 - No spending
Feb 4 - Petrol for Darren's car $39.00.
Feb 5 - No spending
Feb 6 - No spending
Feb 7 - Petrol for lawnmower to mow our lawn and Megan's $10.96
Hooded towels x 2 and a toy truck on clearance ( presents ) $19.00
Doona cover at op shop $14.99
* It worked out cheaper to buy the beach towels already made into hooded ones instead of me making them. They were on clearance and needed for a present. Towel stocks are so low in department stores it's hard to find anything that is suitable for little boys.
* The doona cover was a surprise find. It's a 100% cotton waffle doona cover that will make lovely tea towels for presents and to sell.
|Large truck for $7|
|Hooded towels $6 each.|