Wednesday 23 February 2022

Frugal February Challenge 2022 - Week 3

 Our Frugal February / Spending Freeze is going quite well.  Unfortunately life happens and sometimes money needs to be spent.  We are not perfect but we are trying really hard to limit our spending.  

It does feel good to stay out of the shops ( most of the time ) and our bank balance has reflected our hard work.  Darren is in the process of securing more work and until that happens we'll be continuing the Spending Freeze.  At this point it looks like the challenge will continue until at least the end of March.

Here's how the last 7 days looked - 

Day 15 - No Spending

Day 16 -  Monthly grocery shopping Aldi $1.80  Woolworths $56.65

Day 17 -  No Spending

Day 18 -  KFC $14.39,  Petrol - $92.90,  Chemist $7.50

Day 19 -  No Spending

Day 20 -  IGA $24.19

Day 21 -  No Spending


NOTES -

Day 16 grocery shopping was only buying essentials.  We are pretty much fully stocked up.  Every month I allocate $100 for groceries to feed the two of us and our cat.

Day 18 was lunch at KFC.  Unfortunately we had to go to the doctor for my infected eye and the appointment was over lunchtime after working all morning.  We tried to get a telephone consultation ( so I could eat at home ) but it was not possible.  Darren and I paid for lunch out of our pocket money,  not general household funds.

Day 20 was a slightly weak moment.  Our favourite icecreams were on a half price sale at IGA so we decided to stock up.  We did pay for it out of our pocket money.  I thought if we stock up now,  they might not come on sale during the coming cooler months.


How is your Frugal February / Spending Freeze going ?

Have you had any weak moments ?


1 comment:

  1. I think you have done so very well.

    Personally, I am always hauling myself back onto the wagon. I keep trying to shop without mum as so many expensive things find their way into the basket. We have reduced the amount of meat in our meals. We both have to be careful about this as we are both anaemic. I have made the fuel last a fortnight which is tricky. The fuel price is horrible at present.

    Today I am kicking myself as my daughter has moved house 20 minutes drive away and I forgot to pick up Mia's ballet clothing.

    God bless and best wishes in the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.