Our free time this week has been spent in the garden just pottering around and enjoying the fresh air. The weather has been lovely and mild with cool mornings. We've had our doors wide open to let the fresh air into our home. No need for artificial air fresheners, just the great outdoors.
Here's what we got up to when we were not busy with work -
* Planted broccoli seeds and seedlings.
* Planted a few sprouting potatoes from our pantry into the veggie garden.
* Picked pears and beans from the garden.
* Made chunky chicken and veggie soup. I used stock I'd made and frozen last year and zucchini and potatoes from our garden. There were other veggies added too. The soup was enough for 2 dinners for 2 people and a lunch for 1.
* Used a few leftover Christmas candy canes to make minty Easter chocolates. Our grandson Luka had fun helping with the eating and sprinkling of the chopped candy canes.
* Dried another batch of pears from our garden in the dehydrator.
* Dried the washing on clothes horses outside. The sky looked like there was rain coming so clothes horses were the best bet.
* Saved washing machine water, rinse water and drink bottle water to reuse around our home.
* We bought potatoes for the first time in 10 months ( we've been growing our own ). We picked up 2 x 2.25kg bags of potatoes one was reduced to $3.60 ( from memory ) and the other was $1.60. The $1.60 bag went through the register as $7 so we got it for free.
* Baked three loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness. I used recycled bread bags to store it in the freezer.
|Dehydrating more pears|
|A few Easter decorations|
|Our Easter tree|
|Drying the washing|